Old 07-06-2010, 01:19 PM
mrspete

I knew a lady that I loved and cherished for fifty five years. I hit some hard times but, on Christmas I was struggling to gather some extra and I made her a duster. It was darling.My mom even liked it and my mom didn't like anything I did, well she didn't even like me. When I was at her place later that week to help clean up after a lot of company, there on the garbage heap was the duster. I said do you salvage yard goods? and she said, Oh Lord no. I don't know why anyone would give me something like that. I only wear store bought things from the best boutiques......SHOOT, I snatched that duster and plunder through just to see if there was anything else in her garbage that I could put to use. Then I broke down bawling. I cried all the way across town. I never thought of her in that light again. Before she walked on water and I know she sewed for everyone for 75 years, to make ends meet, etc. You think you know someone one....huh. So, strangers aren't strange at all. Guess that makes it easier to accept their 'stuff'.

Whewwwwww, I blew that off my chest, thanks. Sorry for your experience jljack. At least you didn't get ripped off. Maybe next time you will hit the 'mother lode' .

Blessings,
Ruth