View Single Post
Old 06-30-2008, 12:38 PM
ButtercreamCakeArtist

Originally Posted by Cordelia
I'm sorry to hear about your sun poisoning. I'm not sure I understand what it is. I had a smidgeon of heat stroke once camping out in Utah. But, not the same thing, I imagine.

I can see you are very fair and have lovely skin. I wouldn't be pushing it out in the sun, especially if you're sensitive. They've got 70 proof sunblock now!

I don't know that the number matters. Just slather it on and protect that fair skin.

Your kids look fair too. How do they hold up in the sun? I had second degree burns all over my face, back, neck, chest, arms swimming at a pool all day when I was in third grade. My legs were the only things that didn't "crisp" up because they were always under water.

My blisters were the size of walnuts.

Very painful, yet vivid memory. :shock:

Take care of yourself.
We use SPF 50. It kinda burns in the SP area, though. I used to get it when I was a kid, but not this bad. The doc diagnosed me with poison oak/ivy when I was a kid!
The kids didn't have any problems with the sun bc I make sure to get them covered with sunblock. My DD did get a little bit of a burn on her shoulders one day when we were out without any sunblock longer than we meant to be...we found a bunch of shells and wandered off too far. We go through several cans of sunblock each summer! :D

Whoa! Walnut-blisters! That is horrible!!! I have never been that burned. I have been sunburned more this summer than I have been in my life, I think. I got burned twice...I think the sunblock was old or something. We're not using it again!