Old 07-06-2010, 07:42 PM
Annaquilts
Power Poster

Originally Posted by KellyK
Too cool, I <3 them all! I imagine it is a strategic nightmare doing the clothes quilts, what with the different fabrics... do you change needles and thread for each fabric section or just quilt with the same over all the fabric types?
It is a night mare and sometimes I wonder what I got into and I just have to step back and put it away. Then another tiem I come back to it and I find a way to do it. There is usual one or two items that just do not work, wrong fabric , too worn, or too thick. I will not add it if I think it will not work. I do thouch base as I go with the people whom I am sewing for. I pretty much piece all with same thread and nedle and then use a top stich needle to quilt. Sometimes I have to hand sew. I use a nuetral color thread for all else I would go crazie and just imagine the cost of thread if you tried to color match. Soemtimes it si very challenging as items are very stretchy or thick. I do the best i can. There is a heavy emphasis on the creative aspect versus having it all look perfect. People prefer to have the item in even if it does not look all the way perfect.