Old 07-06-2010, 07:50 PM
cjomomma
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

I got a call from my DM yesterday telling me there was a flood in the basement, that a pipe that my DF had fixed twice already busted except this time it busted in the storage room. All I could think was oh no. I have a lot of stuff in there mostly in tubs with lids. Both my DM and I have a fabric habit and all of hers is stored in there and I have 3 tubs full of fabric. She says that a lot of her wooden nut crackers got wet ( she collects these). And that a tub of fabric also got soaked and that it was mine. I was like ok I will go get it and wash it, no biggy right, wrong. It couldn't be yardage no it had to be tiny scraps that I have been saving for a future use. I thought about throwing it away but some of these are 40 plus years old pieces. What a mess I had. Here is some of the pic's after some of it was washed. there was also 1 piece of about 6 yards that I had been looking for. The smell from the fabrics was horrible, no telling how many days it had set in the water in the heat from the basement.

This is a tangles mess
[ATTACH=CONFIG]81466[/ATTACH]

Basket full of scraps see how small. There is still a load in the dryer.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]81467[/ATTACH]

The only thing that was yardage about 6 yards
[ATTACH=CONFIG]81468[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-81461.jpe   attachment-81462.jpe   attachment-81463.jpe