Old 07-01-2008, 05:16 AM
barnbum

Jackie--I told Jill--my former quilter--that if they needed quilts for a show, I'd certainly help out. But, from what I hear, when a guild puts on a show, they only want their member's work there, which is understandable. I don't understnad the whole guild thing yet. I can't fit in meetings so I'll not join one until I retire--or ever--Im not a meeting kind of person, even if quilts is the topic. :wink:

Jill is my former quilter because she stopped quilting for others. :( Just when I called her about the barn quilt, she discovered it was working her long arm that hurt her back, plus she had the 20 tops to finish for her friend. She had said she'd always keep doing mine een when she stopped, but.... she was overwhelmed with work. So.... she recommended my new quilter, and I'm happy with her work. Their shop doesn't have near the selection Jill has as far as patterns go, but they have enough to choose from for now. They'll be getting more. Dianne says her favorite one to do so far has been my barn quilt. :-)