Thread: Pricing quilts?
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2007, 06:17 AM
susan s.

I agree with the Amish If I have to dress like them to get a fair compensation I would do it.! (actually they look pretty cozy in those skirts). I was wondering what rate you charge for the time it takes you to figure out how many inches you sewed :lol: ? That, I think, would take me as much time as the sewing? It sounds to me like its high time we had a Quilt-makers of America Union... What do do you say Ladies and Tim? (I'm not totally joking!) Shall we set a standard for American Made Quilts? The thing which matters the most to me is that these are all INDIVIDUAL works of art. And WE as quilters need to learn to value our own work. Individual not just because ea. work is different but, also done by a single individual. these are Not turned out cheaply on an assembly line by piece work. I believe I am seeing a trend to value this type of industry much more than in the past and We can help by valuing our own contributions more. We should however keep doing what makes us happy tho and if that is selling them for pennies or giving them as gifts or to charity then I say your work has become priceless.

O.K. I'm off the soap box. I believe I was either a preacher or a politician in a past life! :lol: ( not much difference if you ask me).