View Single Post
Old 07-08-2010, 04:56 AM
ckcowl
Power Poster

I was reading through your comments about my quilt police experiences and Eddie mentioned an experience in a lqs...and i was wondering, on a regular basis just how are you 'guys' treated when you enter a quilt shop? welcomed or snubbed?
where i am there are 2 in different direction that i frequent...one of them (the biggest/oldest one) which i even worked at for awhile treated my hubby very poorly when he went in planning to buy stocking stuffers for me. He went in the owner was working that day (she is not much of a 'people' person) and pretty much made him feel like he had no business walking through the door...he left without buying anything and said he will never go back there....the other one, he loves going to! the ladies take him under their wings and shop with him, show him things, tell him about things they think i really should have...last christmas he spent about $100 at that one getting me great little things i would not usually buy myself but wonder how i got along without...
so #1 shop really hurt her business, could have had a returning customer...#2 shop, get's his $$ when ever he's over that way...they make him feel like he's not out of place even though he is out of his element :thumbup: