View Single Post
Old 07-08-2010, 05:56 AM
Bill'sBonBon

Originally Posted by Ditter43
Welcome from Florida Betty. I'm not worried about cleaning mine, I just wish there was a good way to "renew" one...Mine is pityful....Guess I'll have to buy one with a coupon the next time I go to Joannes.... :-)
There is a little tool like a sander,I haven't looked in a couple yrs. but Clotilda had them for sale. My sister bought one and I used it on my self healing cutting board and it worked pretty good. Also on the plate the needle goes thru. forgot what it is called :oops: But you take it off if you have a drop in bobbin. :-D I f your needle ever hits the plate and you have a little gouge,Ihave done this before when I was learning,my needles were wrong size or I had shifted the needle position left it there the needle would hit plate and gouge a little nick. Clotildas also had some kinda of sand paper for metal and it smoothed out the nicks super good. I keep a small sheet of it on hand just in case. But am now more careful when I am adjusting from one thing to another. BillsBonBon