View Single Post
Old 07-08-2010, 07:35 AM
quiltmom04

Originally Posted by thequiltladies
I need a bit of HELP ! :?:

I took my books National about 8 months ago, did 2 big shows, they average about $2500.00 for 4 days, the vendor rental, gas, hotel and meals. And I don't buy anything. One was great and one was terrible, no foot traffic, I can't afford to do them much longer and these books are my dream. Questions?

What gets you to buy? What takes you to a blog? You buy from a quilt shop or internet?

I need your input, PLEASE. thank you :shock:
After reading the board responses and looking at your website, I have several suggestions, too. How about marketing a kit that goes with the book? Or at least showing the quilt from the book online? Perhaps letting online viewers read a bit of the book like they do with a "Kindle" sample. (Is there a kindle version of the book?) You need to make the book descriptions more intriquing so that adult readers will want to buy the book. What makes these books different than the Elm Creek series? What gets me to buy something is it's "uniqueness." A new technique; a new design; an interesting and riveting story - something that's not already out there. Also, I agree with the person who said you need to do some proofreading of your site.