View Single Post
Old 07-08-2010, 12:39 PM
katied772

Any ideas on what to charge for fat quarters and yardage?
Think I will hang around. Like I said, it feels like home already. I still do sewing with home dec and vintage fabrics, just not as obsessively as I did with regular quilting. I think if I can clear out my space of the stuff I don't use I'll enjoy the sewing more. My husband converted two stalls of our 4 car garage into a sewing room for me a few years ago when I got the longarm machine. Now it is so packed with stuff I no longer use that I can't really enjoy it. I love fabric, the colors and texture and went through so many phases including: florals, jewels, primitive, retro look..... But there is no reason to keep it around just because I love it. I also got to thinking, if i were to die, my daughter would be so in trouble. She is so very sentimental that she would not be able to part with it because it belonged to her mom but she is totally not into sewing at all. So, I would probably be responsible for her becoming a packrat and unhappy. We had our family business in Ohio's Amish country for about 10 years and I knew the shortest distance to every one of the quilt shops (which were plentiful) and how to stash my purchases in the trunk so my husband wouldn't notice till I got it home and stashed safely in my sewing room. Most of my lunch breaks every day were spent in the shops. I know you all understand!