View Single Post
Old 07-08-2010, 02:49 PM
PiecesinMn

Hi, I've just joined. I've been reading posts for a few months and thought this sounded like such a great group that I should do more than read, I should join. My computer skills are none, when I was in high school taking secretarial classes we thought we were hot stuff getting an electric typewriter (IBM Selectric no less)!! So I'm in a time warp. At least some genius didn't decide to change the keyboard!!! I've been quilting for 18 years and teaching through Community Ed classes at the high school for about 6. I love many aspects of quilting, applique, paper piecing, piecing. I really lack skill at hand quilting so I plan to work on that this winter. Weatherman said on the weather today that we are entering a El something or another which means a colder winter in Minnesota!!! Great time to learn to hand quilt. I love the hints and ideas offered on this board which I'm sure will also help me get better at hand quilting as well as tips to offer my students, including checking out this board. So excited to be with this group. Well I just tried to get a smiley face inserted here and it didn't work. There's a little slice of the future for ya on my computer skills!!! LOL. I wouldn't expect any picture of my avatar anytime soon either. I'll get my kid to help me. Take care