View Single Post
Old 07-08-2010, 04:27 PM
quiltilicious

OK, I took another, more careful look at your website. I'm slightly less confused, and I'm starting to think that you have a short story and a pattern in each book - is this right?

The fact that I have to ask you this question means that your web copy does not explain WHAT you are selling, nor WHY I would be interested in purchasing it.

If these are quilt patterns, you really [i]really[i] need an illustration of the finished quilt somewhere in the product description.

I believe this is a unique product - something that I've never seen before: a story and quilt pattern bundled together. That could be an angle to get publicity in a variety of venues. You should have

(a) a press release that goes absolutely everywhere.
(b) write one or more articles about these items and submit them for publication to every quilting magazine (I am not sure you can do that all at once - you'll have to research submission guidelines)
(c) a marketing plan (probably this should be "a" and be done first. Decide if you are going to sell wholesale to retailers (and figure out which retailers) or retail? That will tell you what markets to go after.