Thread: Who Are You?
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2010, 11:41 PM
Gwyn

Originally Posted by Feathers
Originally Posted by Sheila Elaine
QNC, I'll get my DGD to take a new pic next time she's over. I've been aiming to get one taken in the new Navy polka dot robe my Dau & SIL sent me for Christmas. They sent a Large, but since I'm a little larger on top, I have to get a 2X & take things up in the sleeves & the behind. Yes, God was passing out top parts & I got my share, plus someone else's. I've thought about asking my doc if he'll refer me to a surgeon for a reduction, but he'd be so embarrassed I'd put him in shock. He's the cutest young Filipino man, so polite, so if I decided to do that, I'd ask the female Nurse Practitioner. Do you think Medicare would pay for that type surgery. If any males read this, don't want to offend any so just keep going to another site. This is girl talk.
Sheila Elaine: I had a friend and coworker years ago who had reduction and their insurance paid for it because it had become a terrible health issue for her. She had constant back problems, about 3 inch deep red inflamed grooves in her shoulders and was quite miserable. The surgeon removed 6 pounds from one side and 5 1/2 pounds from the other side. She's still NOT flat chested but feels so much better and the back problems almost completely disappeared as did the grooves in her shoulders. Don't know if Medicare would pay but I'd almost think if an insurance company would deem this medically necessary, Medicare would too. I'd check on it.
Breast reduction surgery is usually paid by insurance, including medicare, provided you have documentation that the size of the breast is causing medical problems. Your doctor needs to work with the surgeon to document the history of problems and the prognoses if nothing is done.

Don't have the surgery until you have a letter from medicare and your supplemental insurance, saying they approve the procedure.

I'm currently working with the VA to help pay for weight reduction surgery, breast reduction surgery and some stablizing surgery in my neck and upper back.

Good luck.