View Single Post
Old 07-09-2010, 07:15 AM
sueisallaboutquilts
Power Poster

Originally Posted by ckcowl
a couple years ago it seemed like i couldn't finish anything, i would be working along just fine then reach that special point where there is 'end-in-site' and i would lay it aside and start something new...i had about 20 different projects in various stages none needing more than a couple hours/or an afternoon and they would be done.then i started thinking about the state of things...so last year i decided i was not starting anything new till i finished up last years...so that lasted about a week (i think i did get 2 of them done) then when i realized i was back to my old bad ways i decided i would finish one thing before i started anything new...so that helped a bit and i managed to get a couple more done...sometimes i think of it almost as a sickness...
this year, in the past month, i really became serious about some of this, decided to be ruthless and honest with myself and take another look at the ufo's...so the ones i know i will never go back to for what ever reason i am passing on, the ones i intend to finish are out and in the way...if i want to sew i have to sew on one of those...i also have 4 or 5 tops done that i just need to get loaded up and quilt...my excuse? i haven't decided their fate yet...when i have an occassion or certain person in mind for a project i get it done, if it's just because i want to make it, learn a new technique try something new those are the ones i dont seem to ever get done
Oh yes! You made several really good points! I mentioned in another post that if I know in my heart something isn't going to get finished I also let it go. I give it to someone else or Goodwill. It is a good feeling to let it go. Never thought I'd say that.