View Single Post
Old 07-09-2010, 07:41 AM
mamaw

I love going to quilt shops and shows with friends; but find I do better sewing alone. I am slow; and feel pressure in the presence of others, though it is not them that causes the problem. It is a mental thing that I deal with.
Can anyone relate or am I just an odd duck???
A few years ago, I met a couple of gals on a quilting forum similar to this one...and we became long-distance quilting buddies. The friendship with one of the gals has recently ended, both with myself and the other gal; and I miss the fun the 3 of us had both on the computer and the telephone over the years. Sad to see friendships have to end; as they mean alot. That gal is a member on here, so it saddens my heart to see her name and posts...knowing that we are no longer in touch.
My nearest quilting buddy lives about 45 mins. from here. We go to Material Girls once a month at a local quiltshop, where we sew on our own projects, eat a great meal put on by the shop owner, have show n' tell, and sometimes do a project chosen by the owner if we chose. That is where my stress comes in, as I see others almost done while I am just slowly moving along.