Thread: wool batting
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2010, 08:49 AM
aorlflood

Originally Posted by cjtinkle
Direct from QD's website:

Blend of Scoured and Super Washed Domestic & Fine Merino Wool.
Blended, Carded, Crosslapped & Thermally Bonded.
Versatile loft of approximately 1/3" that beautifully accentuates your quilting.
Exceptionally light and drapeable.
Light, luxurious and naturally warm.
Cream colored.

Hand & Machine Quilting. Can be Tied.
Confidently stitch up to 8" apart
No prewashing necessary. Machine washable/dryable with no shrinkage. Remember, your prewashing and selection of fabrics and thread will also effect shrinkage.
I saw that on the website, too. HOWEVER, when I received the batting the disclaimer on the actual packaging says "cool dryer".

I have to tell you that even the "cool" setting on my dryer is not very cool. I'm sure it would shrink it...and that's just not a risk I"m willing to take. And I'm sure that if I told my daughter (who has already laid claim to the quilt when I die...LOL) that she could "dry" it...she would not be careful to make sure it was on "cool". Therefore, the instructions on my quilt label say to "wash cool, dry flat or line dry".

My quilts are hand quilted with many, many hours put into them. there is NO WAY I'm gonna risk the wool batted ones by putting them in the dryer.

Just my 2 cents worth...
Attached Thumbnails attachment-80233.jpe   attachment-80234.jpe   attachment-80235.jpe