View Single Post
Old 07-09-2010, 09:50 AM
Kas

Originally Posted by ckcowl
when we moved to our new house 4 years ago somehow the ironing board took a detour (or ran away, escaping its slave-dom)...i was pretty freaked...our neighbor had a yard sale the same week we were there looking around, lady asked if there was anything in particular i was looking for, i told her, was hoping for an ironing board...she says 'wait here i think i saw one somewhere'; comes back a few minutes later saying, i thought there was this ironing board out in the barn...probably been out there for 20 years, would you mind giving me a buck for it?....omg...my hubby gave her a $5 and told her, keep it, it's worth it. we took it home took the cover off it and threw it in the laundry. i put new cotton batting on it then the clean top (one of the silver ones) there are no holes in it, once in awhile i think, one of these days i should buy new cover...but so far...
I bet that is one hefty ironing board! Mine never has stayed level. Irritates me, but not enough to buy a new one. DH made me a Big Board to fit over it so I can press yardage without having to move the fabric side to side to reach it all. Just pull it toward me in one piece. Love it. But it does need a new cover which I will make removable next time.