Old 07-09-2010, 03:36 PM
aorlflood

One of the quilt guilds in a nearby town had their annual quilt show. There are vendors there as well as a sale table of items that the guild members have donated.

At the guild sale table anything less than a yard was 4 pieces/$1.00 and the yard cuts were $1.00 each. So I picked up 20 FQ's and 2 1-yard cuts of fabric...All for $7.00!

Then I went to the booth that my favorite LQS had and purchased the mechanical marking pencil that comes with white lead and a refill package of gray. Someone on this board recommended the Fons & Porter version of this, but when I asked Janet, the store owner, she said this is the same thing but without the F & P name on it. So we shall try these!

Also, just today on this board someone talked about "The Binding Tool" ruler and recommended it. After seeing the video on youtube earlier today I decided that I would like it. Well...Janet had them there and was demonstrating them, so I bought one!

Even though I'm not a guild member I have come to know some of these quilters and vendors over the years. So I feel like I had a nice visit with them and got to chit-chat about quilting! And got some fabric deals in there, too!

When I got home DH asked me out to dinner and we went and had a great dinner and a nice visit with each other. (We work opposite shifts, so it is hard to find time to sit down and chat and just enjoy each other's company!)

It's been a GREAT DAY! And tomorrow I am going to an estate auction of a quilter! Lots of fabric, quilt tops, and notions! *doin' the happy dance* :D

the two down in front are 1-yard cuts...the rest are FQ's or larger
[ATTACH=CONFIG]79862[/ATTACH]

ruler and mechanical marking pencil and extra lead
[ATTACH=CONFIG]79863[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-79857.jpe   attachment-79858.jpe