View Single Post
Old 07-09-2010, 03:44 PM
Lostn51
Banned

Originally Posted by genghis khan
As a male quilter i have been put off many times when entering a quilt shop, consequently i dont bother with them anymore and its there loss apparently. One owner called me begging to have me display one of my quilts at a little show they wer putting on i was more than happy to shoot her right down with no exsplanation. These days my business partners have a fabric shop where my shop is also located so between that and the internet i can find what i need. Chris
Tell me about it, as God is my witness it will be a cold day in Hell before I visit anyones LQS around here.

When I first was getting into quilting I went to our shop here in town and they looked at me like I was lost. Then when I told them what I was sorta looking for here comes the sales pitch about buying a machine. It was bad enough they thought I was a bum with no money at first (just left the automotive paint store and went straight there) I told them that dont worry money was no object. Then their attitude change a bit to see how much they can milk out of this sucker.......

After I told them that all I wanted was material and thread they asked what kind of machine I was using. I told them it was a 1911 Singer 27 in a treadle and the lady told me "Good luck with that" And I looked her in the eyes and told her what part of my anatomy she could kiss and walked out.

Billy