Old 07-09-2010, 05:44 PM
Kitzone

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
Originally Posted by cimarron
Originally Posted by Kitzone
Shhhh.... Just wanted to let anyone interested in this White FR. I really, really love this machine. Unfortunately it's 5 1/2 hours away and I don't own a truck (I am sure it won't fit in my Honda). So if anyone lives close to Beaver, WV it might be worth your time to go to this auction on July 9th.

http://www.auctionzip.com/cgi-bin/au...cgi?lid=877055

I am including pictures from Treadle On website which states that this one of the most sought after cabinets.

What a gorgeous cabinet...someone rescue it before someone who is ONLY interested in the cabinet gets to it and removes the machine...please...

http://www.treadleon.net/whitesm/whites.html

The only thing I request is if anyone lets this machine follow them home :) Please post pictures and tell us about your adventure at the auction.

BTW, No, I am not trying to be an enabler for those who resue treadle machines. Just "wished I lived closer" treadle stocker. LOL

Judy
:|
Well remember this thread? Well guess what happened? We went to this auctionin Beaver WV. After taking a few pictures that sewing machine hid in the back of our truck and came home with us. It was hiding in a mattress pad. The machine needs a lot of TLC but it had a lot of things that came with it. Everything the woman who owned it used was still in the drawers. Her name was Julia so guess that's her name. You quilters out there would have loved this auction sooooo many quilting pieces and thread. Lots of quilting books too. It was a shame to seperate a lot of those things from the machine soooo you guessed it. They followed us home also. They were hiding under the machine and mattress pad. Here are a few pictures of Julia and her attachments.

:-D :D :D
Aw... Crossstitcher she looks beautiful and I am so glad you brought her home. :XD: I hated the thought of her going to someone that wouldn't appreciate the craftsmanship or history. Anyways....Don't you just love going through the drawers and finding little treasures of the past.
My husband thinks I am corny when I show him the things I pick up at an auction. They are usually the extra things that come along with the item I really wanted. I call them my bonuses. Now just to set the story straight, I don’t go to many auctions but the last time I went I bid on an oak mirror. Included in the box was about 30 -40 “the little blue book” pamphlets from the 1920’s -30’s. My husband and I spent about an hour reading exerts from different ones. We were awed that someone kept them after all these years.

It sounds like you had a great time at the auction and hopefully your husband was able to find room in the truck for a thing or two :)

Thank you for sharing the pictures.

Judy