Old 07-09-2010, 06:16 PM
Charity Quilter

Location: South Carolina; half hour away from Charlotte, N.C.

I made a quilt for my sisters fiance' last year and sent it to him via postal service. I received a phone call a few days later from 'Red', I could barely make out what he was saying because he was crying so. He said that the quilt was too pretty and that he was going to put it away so that it wouldn't get ruined. I said you are NOT going to put it away, you are going to use it!! And everytime you use it you think of how much love was put into making that quilt and you will think of your future sister-in-law and know that she loves you. "Yes, ma'am" he said. I said you take it everywhere you go...the doctor visit, the hospital, for chemo treatment, where ever you go the quilt goes. HE said "okay" and could not thank me enough.

Sadly Red passed away not too long after that phone conversation.....but I will never forget that day.

I don't think there has ever been a more delightful time in my life where the true heart of love shown through. He touched my heart with his kind words and I felt the love of God through it all. I still get a knot in my throat thinking about that phone call.