Old 07-09-2010, 06:51 PM
franie

Yes, I just thought it was too bold for the border and not the soft look. Maybe a small border of your bunny fabric before a larger border of something simple and soft. Something more to give you food for thought.

Originally Posted by Rachelcb80
Originally Posted by All Thumbs
Well, if I may be so bold to say I would not use that dark fabric as anything on the front--border or not. It seems to take away from the softness of those baby colors. I would, however, make the entire backing with it thus not having a standing problem and it coordinates with the center fuzzy cut fabrics within the blocks. Good Luck. Be sure to post a finished product for us to see.
I really appreciate your honesty. The same thought had gone through my mind at first (the border fabric being too dark), but I really wanted to use it. I didn't even think about using it for the back. The quilt is for my daughter (she's 3 1/2) and I knew she would love all those bunnies on the wall. I'm going to listen to my "little voice" and your opinion and just use this fabric on the back.

So problem solved on which way to face the bunnies! :) Now I just need to figure out what I'll do for borders.....