View Single Post
Old 07-09-2010, 08:08 PM
lab fairy

My husband would find this amusing. I would have liked it better if I didn't know people as assinine as those depicted.

I will have to say that although I am not a cat disliker (I happen to love the ones I own), I don't like the ones who wander the neighborhood and use my yard as their litter box. Dogs are low on my list but I can tolerate if I need to. Dogs are high maintenance, yuk. Give me a litterbox any week.

I've also lived with tarantulas, sugar gliders, fish, three snakes, a Texas alligator lizard, gerbils and various mice. (We didn't purchase any of these. They had interesting histories.) I've found that we like animals that fit our niche in life. Sometimes I think my favorite ones were the snakes (easiest to care for!), The worst of the group were sugar gliders (ours were rescued adults, very hard to bond with) and they smell as bad as the rodents. Be careful of people bearing "gifts".

I'm thankfully down to 2 cats. We found homes for the rest. Now if I could just get someone to permanently take on my grown children and their drama...