View Single Post
Old 07-10-2010, 03:19 AM
Gee Hope

Originally Posted by Margie
I have a BabyLock Elegante that my hubby bought me two years ago for Christmas. Then last year...out of nowhere, he bought me the Brother Duetta.....so I had two (well three cause I have a Bernina 180 that is about six years old). Anyway, the Brother Duetta and Babylock Elegante are EXACTLY the same. Brother makes both. This year he is buying me the Brother Quatro and I am trading in the Duetta(they are giving me full price that I paid for it.) I got a call today and it is in so we will pick it up on the weekend. Brothers do BEAUTIFUL embroidery and they are the most user friendly machines. Although I love love love my Bernina for sewing, it was NOT user friendly and I never use it to embroider. The babylock and the brother are going constantly. They have wonderful features. The brother has exclusive rights to the Disney designs, so if that is important to you, you would want a brother. The Babylock does not have Disney...both machines are awesome.

Margie :)
I am thinking about getting the Qautro 6000D. This would be my first (and probably last - can't imagine something it doesn't have). I expect to be able to use it for quilting and embroidery. Have your used yours for quilting and sewing also?
I am from Western PA and definitely a Steeler Fan.
Gloria