Old 07-10-2010, 05:42 AM
stefanib123

Wow, there are some NICE machines on this thread. I love, love, love old machines! I am waiting on a treadle machine to come into my life, but they are few and far between around here! I WILL own one someday, though......LOL!

I have a couple of questions for you guys:

My Mother in Law gave me an old Singer the other day, and I've searched all over online and the closest to it I can find is the 338. Its almost the exact same thing as this one I've attached to this post.

BUT, it doesn't have "Needle Position" switch and the settings only have the numbers, not the names of them, such as "stitch length" etc. The writing on mine is in white also. And the metal panel that's on this one is like a an epoxy or acrylic, plastic like plate on mine.

Are there different models of this machine? The threading diagram for that one works with mine. I love the color of this machine, I love the colors from this era. If it never worked, I'd still keep it just to look at, LOL!

Another question:

I picked up an old White 944 at a yard sale for $5. I love that machine! It sews like a dream. I'm actually quilting on it!

I can't find hardly anything about it online, either. I'd love to find out when it was made, etc.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-79455.jpe