Old 07-10-2010, 06:19 AM
Quilt Mom

I'd like to add my babies here, too. I had to search for a picture to share, as my DDs have most of them.

In the picture are Teddy Bear and Tiny Bear, both of whom belong to our girls, but have lived with us - we inherited them when the girls left for college. Teddy is by his favorite window on the stair. He always watched for people approaching the house there. Tiny is at the top of the stair. She has dealt successfully with cancer, and is still going strong.

Tiny is 11 years old, I think, and all pug, though my DH says she acts like a cat, trying to get attention by rubbing against his legs. :lol:

Teddy was a rescue - he was a cross between black lab and St. Bernard. The rest of the litter was put down by a disappointed owner. We felt lucky to have the gentlest, most intelligent dog, a great companion for our lonely child. Teddy left us at 12. He had hip diplasia, and then became paralyzed in his lower extremities. Yes, it was hard to put him down, but after a year of trying every measure possibile, Ted's quality of life was bad, and we did not want him to suffer more.

Teddy and Tiny
[ATTACH=CONFIG]79465[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-79460.jpe