View Single Post
Old 07-10-2010, 08:47 AM
BellaBoo
Power Poster

Oh, you can cut the fabric yourself any yardage you want. After it's cut have the employee measure it and write out the blue ticket. At least that's what the Alco store here will let fabric buyers do. They know all of the fabric customers anyway as the stores are in towns deemed to small for a WalMart.

I am going to miss Alco fabrics! I make a day of going to the nearest one to stock up on fabrics when Alco had a sale. Where else can I find Jinny Beyer jewel tone fabric for $2.99 a yard? I went for the last time several days ago and bought all the Kafffe Fasset fabric they had. It was from his earlier line but still just as beautiful.

I was told by the store manager Alco didn't want to stop selling fabric, in many towns the fabric sales kept the store afloat in rough months. He said the fabric sales has saved his store many times. He said what he could find out was the fabric contract more then doubled and Alco knew the store could not sell the fabric at a price their customers could afford or expected from the store.