Old 07-10-2010, 08:56 AM
salmonsweet

I'm with goldendog and AkAngel... matching fabrics and stretching my creative brain was among the funnest things for me in this super fun swap.

April, thank you so much for initiating and hosting this, you have been doing and are doing such a brilliant job. And thank you everyone for swapping, I love each block I have received and loved playing with your fabrics. I've learnt a ton about fabrics, patterns and matching (not to mention sewing and squaring blocks, adventures with the greedy postalmonster...), gained confidence, and feel I've "met" quite a few people... almost in person.

I'll have to sit out the next round, it'll take me a while to finish my quilts from this swap and I don't want to pile even more on top before I get through this! 'Cause I don't have lots of practice (yet) and everything still takes me a loooong time.

But I do love this swap, and recommend it wholeheartedly; and a slightly longer deadline and smaller number of blocks feel good, too, this might make it easier for me to commit to another round in the future. Guys, if you are considering joining this swap, I can only eagerly nod my encouragement, it's tons and tons of fun. I can't wait to see photos of your blocks in 3.0!