View Single Post
Old 07-10-2010, 02:27 PM
Chasing Hawk

Well, we almost got there........

We got up early, packed the cooler with our lunch and drinks. Got ready, checked the cat and dogs, locked up the house and headed down the road. All was going good traffic wise till we got to the 8 mile marker from Sisters. This is where we stuck in this mess for 2 hours,stopping, slowly rolling forward about a truck length stopping again and repeated this for about 4 miles until we decided to turn around at mile marker 4. If we would have stayed in that mess we probably would have arrived at the quilt show around early next week.
So to make up for not going to the show, my husband took me to my favorite restaurant (McGrath's) for lunch. Then to JoAnn's and the Goodwill store, where I found two nice bags of fabric for 5 dollars a bag and two nice pieces of yardage. At JoAnn's I got a few things for a project this week and some odds and ends I needed.
Next year we are making reservations at a hotel in Sister's to avoid the traffic mess.

It would have been exciting to meet the gals there for lunch but we couldn't see waiting in traffic and missing our gathering if we arrived late.