Thread: EQ7 Rant
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2010, 02:33 PM
LaurieE

My computer had crashed, got it fixed, upgraded the size of the hard drive. I'm running XP Home with Service Pack 1 & 2.

I reinstalled EQ5 (with no problems) and purchased EQ7. The box came 3 weeks before they said it would. Wonderful. I'm excited. Life is good.

I go to install EQ7 and I get this: "setup launcher has encountered a problem and must close..." I got this error message every time I tried to install the program. So it wasn't a one time message. If I did manage to get passed that error message, I got this one: "Only part of a ReadProcessMemory or WriteProcessMemory request was completed."

I get in touch with EQ tech support and they send me another disk. I try to install the program and get the same message as before, "setup launcher has encountered a problem ....". I've sent them another message but I won't hear back from them until Monday.

EQ5 works on my computer. It has a quirk in that it tells me the file name is invalid when I go to create a new project. But if I skip that screen, it will allow me to save the file and everything else seems to work just fine. So we know, EQ can be installed on my computer.

At this point, I am so frustrated with this program. I'm ready to send it all back and get my money refunded.

Thank you for listening to my rant.