View Single Post
Old 07-10-2010, 03:17 PM
Judi in Ohio

There is a yahoo group called SewItsForSale - go to yahoo groups and put that title in where to look. A great site to sell quilt goodies. Where in Ohio are you? I'm near Cincinnati
good luck
Originally Posted by katied772
Hi,
I am new here and have some questions. I was an avid quilter for 20+ years. Over the years, like many quilters, I became a fabric addict. In recent years I accumulated a huge stash and was involved with machine quilting. Now, I have not quilted for several years and have come to the realizaton that I probably won't begin quilting again. So, with encouragement (hounding) from my husband, I have decided to sell my stash. I have many rubbermaid tubs full of quilt shop quality fabric, all new. Not sure how to sell it. I'm having a garage sale next week and thought I would just put it in the sale but most people probably won't appreciate it. Is advertising on this site a good idea? And how is it best to do that (by the piece, etc)? I am in Ohio. Don't know if this is a national site or not. I know there used to be an Ohio quilt forum but can't find it now. I also have a large Grace quilting frame, never used. Got it just as I went into machine quilting. I really need to clean out the room I have this stuff in. Any ideas? I had even thought about cutting it into squares and selling on ebay. I did that with vintage chenille pieces last year and it sold well. Thanks for any tips. Linda