View Single Post
Old 07-10-2010, 05:48 PM
GrammaNan

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by GrammaNan
I have an LQS that meets you at the door and stays with you the whole time you are there. It makes me feel like a potential thief. I can understand they are working on a small margin and the shoplifting can be a problem but I just thought to myself, for awhile, that they were trying to provide world class customer service. That is until my son came in with me one day. They were so so rude to him that I only go back there to finish my BOM. It costs $1 a month and I am not going to purchase the finishing kit from them.
He can always borrow my dress and heels LOL!!

Honestly though, why are quilt shop owners so snooty? Do they not realize that this is Folk Art and the last time I saw how the lovely ladies did it back in the day it was done as a social event and they used pretty much what ever they had.

Maybe if we got back to the roots of the whole thing then they might drop the attitude.

Billy
OMG! He is just the type of crazy personality to do that. What a visual. He is 6" 5" 260 lbs with tattoos and a Jesse James hair cut. He is also a Utility Foreman and makes more money than anyone his age should make. He could have purchased anything in that store and more. I can just see him in heels and a dress with his beard and deep voice. He is not scary or mean looking because he has him mommy's big brown eyes and baby face. LOL! I am going to have him do it for Halloween.