Old 07-10-2010, 07:05 PM
nursie76

I was actually in the Joanns that is about 22 miles away from my home, not once, but twice today. I too needed some black Kona, 4 yards and wanted to use my coupon. About 3 employees in the store, very, very slight wait at the cutting table, pleasant, wanted to know what I was working on, and when I admired some fabric on the bolt that they were just putting away, I said, oh how pretty and they said it's less than a yard, do you want it for 50% off as a end of bolt, I said sure. We laughed about my spur of the moment "savings".

The second time, DH and I decided to go out for dinner at Olive Garden which is right across from the same Joanns. I had forgotten to get some interfacing on the first trip, so I ran in to get that while DH got us a table. The newest member of the staff who we have gotten to know recently, said "Hi, I was wondering if you were going to come in today".

So the bottom line is, I have had no problems at our Joanns. Yes, it is a hassle when you want to use your coupon and everything is on sale so you can't use it, but that is the way it goes. AND their receipts are hard to decipher, so I always check them closely. So sorry that some of you are treated so shabbily and have no where else to go within a decent distance.

Like Granda, when DH and I meet a clerk in a grumpy mood, we think it is fun to try to be extra nice and coax them out of it. We usually manage to get a smile, but not always.