Old 07-10-2010, 07:47 PM
AbbyQuilts

I had something like that happen. There was only 1 girl working the cutting counter at Joann's I took my number and waited I had a huge cart full. A lady walks up to ask a question, no fabric in her hand but the girl at the counter made her get a number for a question. So she did while we are waiting another employee walks by and the lady with the question goes off with her (maybe getting her question answered)
My number gets called. I have a HUGE cart full of fabric and I want a lot of it in 1/2-1 yard length. The new lady behind me (not ? lady) has a tiny little ribbon role that she only wants a yard. I tell the employee to let her go. BUT because question lady took a number (remember that) now the lady with the ribbon is not next. The employee then proceeds to call the next number and wait for the lady to show up.
All the while I am thinking I still have the number in my hand should I be going. See what you get for trying to be nice. So ribbon lady had to wait for me to get my 20 bolts of 1 yard cuts, and the question lady to come back to get 1 yard of ribbon. But ohh well Ribbon lady and I chatted while we waited for question lady.