Old 07-11-2010, 04:15 AM
quiltinghere

I have 2 Joanns within easy driving distance (1 superstore - 1 regular store). Attitudes are pretty nice at each store. The regular store seems to have more experienced employees (or more experienced fabric handlers).

I questioned the type of fabric to use outside that was weather resistant and an experienced sewer kindly instructed me and answered all my questions on the type to use and what she actually used.

Just recently I 'heard' the cutting gal RIP the fabric someone was purchasing and I gasped! The customer said she was HAPPY to see that someone rips the fabric instead of cutting it.

Good thing I wasn't buying any fabric that day. I think I would have "LET HER RIP" and then tell her - I want it cut.

As far as shortage of employees goes, I think that's the general business attitude these days. Business don't want to pay for 'extra' employees to be on staff to stand around waiting for customers when sales are on. (Joanns has sales all the time anyway) Employeers would rather the employees hustle their butts off and have the customer wait a little longer.

Please show (us) employees a little patience...we don't like it either...but it's a job...no matter what the pay is.