View Single Post
Old 07-11-2010, 09:10 AM
bearlea

Well I never said any man that quilts is gay...I know alot of men who quilt and knit and non of them are gay...or most of them are not anyway...there is a man I know from a quilt shop...his wife was a avid quilter and he was an engineer..she was always asking him to figure things out for her..so finally he decided to start quilting with her...they did that for years...she died from cancer a few years ago and he didn't have to heart to quilt without her for a couple years..but now he is back at it and does some amazing work..when he travels he prearranges to make it to quilt classes where he is going to learn new techniques..he can show off any woman I ever met..then there are a couple men in the same town...they have never used a rotary cutter or sewing machine...they are in their 60's..both of them were taught to sew as young boys and never had sewing machines...they figured if they didn't need it then they don't need it now...they do amazing work..the one man has macular degentration now so he is sending his quilts to a longarmer to have them quilted as he just can't see to do that anymore...I think men can out quilt any woman...and yes I am a woman...but they usually think with the engineering side of the brain moreso than most woman..not all but most....blessings