Old 07-11-2010, 10:36 AM
dljennings

my mother has everything she will ever need, usually 2 of them... so her birthday, mother's day & christmas have been a challenge for years. she does a lot of crafts & is an avid golfer. one year i cross stitched 2 afghans with 18 different golf holes, one for her and the other for my dfil, who was a pga golfer way back when. my mother hung it over the back of her "company" chair, where it still is. my dfil, used his every day until he died. my dbil asked me if i minded if he kept it, as he is golfer also. it's pretty ragged but it still hangs on the back of thier sofa

i also made my mother a couple of small quilted landscapes of imaginary golf courses. made them at the same time, but sent one in feb for her birthday, the other in may for mother's day. she got the first one, took it to work, took it to the golf course, took it everywhere she went, before she rearranged her "golf wall"& hung it up. in may, when she go the 2nd one, she did the same thing, but when she called to thank me, asked if there were anymore, because if there were, she wanted to rearrange the wall only 1 more time.