View Single Post
Old 07-11-2010, 01:00 PM
cimarron

Originally Posted by amazon
There were several post about stepping stones, If they make two each, you can have one and they can take one. They are so pretty in flower beds, we use things found on nature treasure hunts and marbles, stones, gems and such,plus their names. Last week I took mine to Sportsman Lake park, they have a new pier, and we had a picnic lunch( Kentucky Fried Chicken) and fed the fish bread from the Merita bread store, their old bread(feed quality) is free for the asking, all weekend they have talked about the park and when we will go again.Tea parties are a hoot, baking cakes and decorating rate high on my kids list. They love to paint the little plaster of paris figurines that Walmart has or the sun catchers, I think a box set is like $10. WM has a lot of cheap craft items. The best time mine have had at Nana's was a Beauty pageant, I had a suitcase full of old dresses some from the 30's& 40's and most 60's & 70's that I sent, they all dressed up, even the boys, and slathered on tons of makeup and red lipstick and old wigs and they held a talent/ beauty pageant and videoed it. We still laugh ourselves to tears watching that one. My kids love their Nana and 9 times out of 10 she doesn't spend a dime, its just that she does everything with them, the walk down to her creek is just the best according to them, you'd swear they were visiting the Grand Canyon. They even fall over each other to help her clean up. Go figure.I know you are excited, have a blast. Sorry I didn't realize I had prattled so long :oops:Almost forgot : Homemade popcorn balls w/ molasses and cornflake candy you can't forget those and my kids said to add a weiner/ marshmellow roast also.
Oh, these are ALL wonderful ideas! I forgot about the time my grandmother (one who had the old treddel Singer I wrote about elsewhere) came to visit, while my parents went to a trip in NYC. Something for Dad's work. It was the ONLY time we had her all to ourselves! SHE made the popcorn, and stirred in the rest of the goop to make popcorn balls. It was simply wonderful to do this with her. Fantastic memory! I think I'll write a note RIGHT NOW(!) to my brother in KS to see if he remembers her visit. Be back shortly...

I'm back....wrote him. He is 4 yrs younger. He sadly did not remember this event...he was just too little at the time. WISH he did remember this. I thank you SO MUCH for reminding me.