View Single Post
Old 07-11-2010, 01:08 PM
cimarron

Originally Posted by anniec55
It's been a number of years since I've been back, but yes it is greatly underrated! The Mansion in PC is definitely a site to see!! Do they still do Indian "Pow-Wows" open to the public? A definite cultural experience. I entered the Fiber Works Arts Exhibit in OKC in 1985 at the Omniplex, think I got an honorable mention. Still have the show poster framed and in my den! I work mostly with material these days quilting, sewing and whatever comes. Took my first quilt class in Enid OK, with Patti Russell at the Quilting Parlor and seem to have never looked back. A little history on the side!!
If you enjoy Pow-Wows I have to tell you about the Red Earth event every May. It's been going for a number years...unsure if started after you had left the State. It draws a LARGE number of Native American artists, etc. SO much beauty, wonderful dance. There are Native American families who take this as an opportunity to plan their family reunions around the event. The dance is outstanding. It draws people from Canada, etc.

Going back to fiber arts, did you ever take any weaving from CSU in Edmond (NOW it is UCO) from Norma Miller? I took two semesters from her. She is still around...I see her work in the State Fair. Wish I knew how to tell her how much I enjoyed those classes...but I don't think she teaches anymore, retired I think.