View Single Post
Old 07-11-2010, 03:39 PM
renee765

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
i am fascinated by the obsessive focus on walmart's service record in this topic.

am i the only person who has noticed the customer service is pretty poor in just about every major department store? (unless you're in the most expensive sections of a hoity toity store.)

i'm not defending poor practice in any store. i just keep wondering when people will finally get bored and pick on someplace other than walmart and joann's for a change. :lol:?
You are absolutely right, Patrice.

Sometimes I wonder how much we, as customers, have an effect on how we are treated as customers. I KNOW that there are folks who should never be in the customer service business because they don't have a 'kind' bone in their body. But I wonder how many times that store person seems grouchy because they were up all night with a sick child, or because they just got paid and their measly check doesn't nearly cover their bills, or if their last customer was truly unreasonable and they haven't yet lowered their adrenalin level from that unpleasant encounter?

I also think that I get what I expect. I expect to be treated kindly, to be treated fairly. With that expectation I also need to treat them kindly and fairly. For the majority of my shopping experiences, that is exactly what I get.

I know that's not true in all situations. I know that some store people are horrid and mean. But I also know that there are so many that are doing the best they can.

Okay, let the tomato throwing begin.