View Single Post
Old 07-11-2010, 04:53 PM
bstanbro

I just returned from a week-long trip in our RV. We went down to Crater Lake and then visited our son who is going to school in Klamath Falls (OIT). Then after exploring the area, we went to Sisters for the quilt show. I too decided to do it sans sewing machine. If I were going for two weeks, I would have taken it with me. I have some projects set aside for RV trips--table runners and wall-hangings. I managed to get through the week okay, but only because we visited FIVE quilt shops and also attended the quilt show.

As for the quilt show, it was my first time. I enjoyed it very much, but I was a little disappointed that there weren't more art quilts. The quilts were beautiful, and most were traditional patchwork. I took pictures of some of the tags so that I could find books/patterns for some of them. We were there at high noon and the sun wasn't very good for pictures. Most are pretty washed out looking. But I do like documenting the information on the tags with my camera. It makes life much easier.

Good luck on your quilt rehab trip. I know I couldn't do it. A week was pretty much my limit, and I headed directly to the sewing room when we got back.