View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 06:24 AM
OdessaQuilts

There are times when I shop at other stores (department stores, discount stores, etc.), and the "customer service" is equally as bad. I am a person who does complain whenever necessary. There are times when I have not enough time to do the immediate follow-through, though, and this was one of those times.

I did contact the store yesterday (Sunday) and was told that early afternoon (when this particular incident occurred it was near 2:00 p.m.) is always "difficult" because their associates do take a lunch break. I told the manager that where I work, whenever we leave the office we let someone else know so there is no question as to where we will be and when we will return. It is called common courtesy. I also told him that I do not begrudge his employees the right to take a lunch break. However, there are other ways that WalMart is wasting time and money and therefore MY time and money and could specifically discussed other problems we have experienced at that store, but that I would prefer to focus on this particular incident.

Our WalMart had been just a regular one, now it is a "Superstore" and in that re-model our fabric department was shrunk although we do still have bolts of fabric, patterns, etc. for purchase. I do prefer to shop online for my fabrics because I get a much better price than at the LQS, and WM is generally my last choice. But they are local and I don't have to drive 30 minutes to get to a better fabric store when I just need somethin simple like muslin or some fusible interfacing.

I am generally very courteous to the clerks, also. There are some who will ask what I am making and I am always willing to share. I always thank them for their help, even the surly ones, but it just grinds my beans when I am a customer who is CLEARLY requesting help and other "associates" (including dept. managers) are nearby but will not assist. :evil: Alll they have to do is tell me they do not know how to cut fabric yardage. I would be happy to show them (cutting my own, of course) if they would just operate the pricing gun for me. I do not want to cheat the store of their money for a purchase, but my time is valuable to me and I just want some recognition that I am a valued customer.

Is that really too much to ask :?: :?: :?: