View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 07:07 AM
stefanib123

I have a local thrift store that sells TONS of sewing machines. All are $15-20 no matter what brand, etc. They had so many it made my head spin! LOL!

They had Berina's, Pfaffs, Janome, Husqvarna, Singer, and more!

I don't have a lot of money to buy a nice machine, so I think this is the way to go for me.

I have a Brother 9021 that my mom bought new that I love. It's my "main" sewing machine. Its a cheap machine, but I'm so comfortable with it, it works great for me.

I have an old White 966 that I am using for quiliting. It's the only machine I have that I can lower the feed dogs on. I like it, too.

I'm thinking, though, that I can get a REALLY great machine at that store. I didn't know enough about them to pick on out, so the only one I bought was a cute pink Sears Kenmore that was just TOO CUTE to pass up! There's a pic at the bottom of it. I gave $15 for it!

I'm going back tomorrow, and I want to get me a good one! I would like to have one that does embroidery also. So, can you guys recommend some brands and models of older, good machines for me to be on the look out for?