Old 07-12-2010, 07:41 AM
raptureready

Luckily I live in an area with a lot of fabric stores. Hobby Lobby, Hancocks, Joanns and and at least 7 LQS within 45 minutes. All but 2 are extremely friendly and helpful. One of those two is sort of an "elitist" store the other the woman that runs it is just an airhead with no business sense. I tend to stay away from those as much as possible.

If you're ever near Danville Illinois stop in at Threads of Time. I guarantee you'll hear, Good Morning/Afternoon, welcome to our store, is there anything we can help you with? the minute you walk in. You'll also be offered coffee and wonderful cookies. (not the prepackaged kind) If you want you'll be offered a tour of their retreat/conference center, an opportunity to stick a pin in the map to mark where you're from, and be told where the yarn room, pattern room, bargain shelves, etc are located. And it doesn't matter if the owners are there or not, the entire staff is does this. If this doesn't happen, pm me and I'll mail you a yard of fabric from my personal stash. That's how confident I am of their service.