Old 07-12-2010, 09:33 AM
kapatt

I must be spoiled because we have 2 very good JoAnn's within driving distance and they are great. We do use numbers at the cutting table so I can get the number (and if there are several numbers before mine) I can do more shopping. They use a hand gun type of reader where they put in the correct amount of yardage and I am charged the correct amount. If there is only a little bit left on the bolt (after they have unrolled the amount that I ask for) the will give me the rest of the bolt at a discount. (Say I ask for 1 1/2 yards and they have 2 yards on the bolt...they'll ask if I want the last 1/2 yard at a 50% discount)...I always say yes.
:wink:

I live about an hours drive from both stores so I plan my trips to town to co-incide with their sales. :lol:

The clerks are very helpful. Many times they'll ask what I'm going to make and they give good ideas if it is warranted. I feel a lot more comfortable in JoAnn's than I do in many local fabric stores. It is a very relaxed atmosphere. The store does get busy quite a lot, but the clerks are great and pleasant almost all of the time.