Old 07-12-2010, 11:12 AM
gale

The people at ours are friendly. However, I had a few issues. When I first went there I noticed they had all country colors, reproduction prints, etc. Some 30's prints which I like but they aren't my favorite. I like the bright, colorful, clean prints. So I asked if they might get some of those in, ever, and she said no. No chance. They get the occasional jelly roll or layer cake of brighter lines but that's it-and I'd have to go elsewhere to find yardage to finish it.

So I did buy a few books, jelly rolls and some thread there. When I went back to get more thread they were out of stock of the color I needed (white and off white). She told me that until they pay their bill, they can't order any more thread.

So then they were selling a used machine for a customer who used to be the owner of a different shop. I seriously considered buying it but for only $100 more I was able to buy a new one so dh said to do that instead. Since this shop was not a seller of sewing machines I had to go to a different shop to get my new one. When I went to the shop next, she asked if I got my new machine (I had called and let them know my decision). I said yes and she started on how bad the shop was doing and how selling that used machine would help them out even though it isn't their machine-she said the owner was selling it to help out the store and her dh standing there said no, she was not-she was selling it because she had a stroke and couldn't lift it anymore. She said well anyway she was going to give us the $$ (which I don't believe-she told me if I bought it I could use my credit card and they would, in turn, give the $$ to the machine owner). I left feeling very guilty for some reason. Since then I have not been back. I'd be glad to go there to buy thread and patterns and books, at least, but they never get any new ones in.

On my last visit I also asked again if they might be getting any of the colorful moda lines in and she said no, absolutely not. So even if I wanted to I couldn't find the fabrics I really like there.