View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 05:11 PM
memory maker

Wow. This is incredible. It blows my mind to see there are PAGES of such similiar comments about Wal-Mart. My experience was no different. I had been looking for a very specific fabric and found it at one of our area Wal-Mart stores. I called ahead to make sure they still had it, and was assured they would hold it for me as it was about a 30 minute drive to get there. When I got there, no one was in the fabric department. They paged some one to come twice. I finally used my cell phone to call the store and told them I was standing in the fabric department and needed help. They transferred me to an assistant manager, and the phone was disconnected before I talked to anyone. Needless to say, I did the same thing again. I ended up speaking to a manager who didn't seem to care that I had been back there for at least 30 minutes. If I wouldn't have needed that specific fabric so desperately, I would have been out of there. There is a brand new Wal-Mart going in less than a mile from my house. It will be interesting to see if they have fabric by the bolt. My guess is no. Too bad corporate office for Wal-Mart doesn't ask us.