View Single Post
Old 05-29-2007, 09:08 AM
Carla P

Originally Posted by Barbm
I get puckers on the top. I pin every 4 inches and use spray. I lay it on the carpet and work from the middle out. When I quilt I move my sewing machine to the island in the kitchen so I can stand and move the quilt around easily. I start with a line down the middle and through the sides, making it in quarters, then work 1 quarter at a time, working inner to outer corners. The foot pedal works great this way too. But, I still get puckers- on the top. Bottom is fine! Any ideas?

Barb
Hi Barb,
Are you using a walking foot for the center lines? If not, your fabric might be shifting a bit. If you are, the top might not be as taut as it should be. When you are creating the sandwich you might want to anchor the top in the same manner as the backing to insure it is not becoming loose when pinning. Ruthie Mann posted a great suggestion on how she checks her backing fabric which might work on your quilt top. (I'd be very careful of those pins though) One other thing. When you are quilting on the kitchen island, do you have the quilt supported enough to prevent it from pulling or dragging? (This can cause top puckers and numerous other problems)

I hope this helps... Please keep us posted. :D