View Single Post
Old 07-05-2008, 04:40 PM
FanOfFabric

I don't have the 1/4 in. foot yet, but as a result of so many suggesting it here on the board, I've ordered it today. To be honest, I didn't know one existed - so I just keep learning. :)

I'm hoping that will help me. I find that I also have a tendency to trail off at the end of the seam also. I did take my 3 blocks that I've done to one of the shops today, as a matter of fact. I'm glad I did - it was very helpful to talk to someone about it. She suggested the 1/4 in. foot as well. Actually, she said that she personally took a piece of Dr. Scholl's moleskin that you would normally use on your foot, and cut a strip of it. She measured 1/4 in. from her needle and placed the strip on her sewing machine. That raised edge kept her fabric from going beyond the seam allowance. Much like the earlier suggestion of using post-it notes or tape from CindyBee and Skeat. I'm going to mark mine off as well tonight.

I have decided today to work on a Hummel House pattern which, like the Turning Twenty and the Yellow Brick Road, is more basic and a better fit for a beginner like me. This will help me get a little more experience, work on my seams and feel more confident. I'm not quitting on the basket blocks - merely setting them aside for a bit. :)

Everyone here is awesome. I truly appreciate the responses with the encouragement, suggestions and stories of your own experiences. I'm glad I found this board. Hopefully I'll be posting pictures soon!

Mona