Old 07-13-2010, 04:49 AM
patricej
Administrator

the same thing happens every time somebody starts a thread like this.

one person has a bad experience in one location of a chain operation. she automatically assumes the every location is the same. she posts to vent her dissatisfaction. other individuals who are less than 100% thrilled with their experience(s) in their local chain store will pile on with their own horror stories.

since most people don't have the time or patience to slog through obviously negative topics, we don't hear equally from people who've had good experiences. it's only those who are willing to "go the extra mile" to support truth, accuracy and fair play who try their best to provide some balance.

how many hundreds or thousands of walmarts are there in the world? how many departments, managers and employees within each store? there's no way they can all be perfect. like anything that involves human beings, you'll find a mixture of good and bad. my joann's is a good example of that. i usually walk out satisfied, but not always.

the same can be said of most places we shop nowadays.

anybody looking at this topic during their first visit to our board will likely think we're just a bunch of cranky old broads with nothing better to do than complain, complain, complain. (and to encourage each other to resort to all sorts of bad behavior to get what they want.)

if the pattern holds true to its history, this comment will now be followed by a few dozen more negative comments about joann's in general and my addition in particular.

that's how we roll. :roll: :lol:?